Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4 - School, kids, & Starbucks

Good Morning!

The kids are officially registered, enrolled, all are IN school today & I have made it to Starbucks!!  Hallelujah!!!
 
It was a lovely sight yesterday to drive into school pickup & spot my "Eeyore" A in a group of kids, laughing & smiling. He had to approach my car from the rear & didn't know I could see him, but as he walked away from the group & toward me, there was an unmistakable GRIN on his face.  Life is good.  And this am the words were, "I really like it up here."  Thank You, Jesus!!  He had more homework last night than he's ever had in his life, a whole 45 minutes!!  He's finally going to be challenged.  He gets to take band & PE & informational technology along with core classes this semester, & is in advanced math & language arts as well, so his plate is full.

M1 started today, after a hard campaign for homeschool on her part, so there were some tears & fears, but she had found a very nice friend to show her around this am, and I'm looking forward to the report this afternoon.  Shopping for school supplies perked her up, and the possibility of getting to decorate a locker seemed especially wonderful. She, too, gets to take band & PE with her classes, so she's seeing that as a positive. We're going to a "real" salon this afternoon for a "Zendaya" haircut.  If you don't know who that is, be grateful you don't have knowledge of the Disney channel stars.

M2 slept almost 13 hours last night after her first day of school and only roused with much encouragement!  She's got a great group of teachers & feels like a big girl changing classes. She got to play dodgeball @ PE so all was right with her world. My hopes that she would decide to sleep in her own bedroom in the new house since we are all located upstairs have been dashed.  It is not to be.  However, she is taking her showers in her own bathroom instead of mine, so I feel progress has been made.  Thankfully, most nights M1 doesn't mind a bed partner.

P is busy at work.  He's interim director of the Calhoun clinic (about 30 minutes away) until construction on his Rome office is complete in June/July.  He's enjoying getting to do more "hands on" care & likes the marketing.  His company hosted a mani/pedi party for nurses of the referring doctors last week, and his toes look very lovely. He left the house this am in a handsome suit & tie, ready for a big lunch with the doctors.  My husband appears quite the professional!!

Random thoughts for which I'm thankful today:  Much is unpacked at the house; we are functional.  Much is left to do.  I'm so enjoying a basement!  Max, the dog, is staying in his invisible fence without issue (hooray! - now to keep him out of the garage..).  Cats are nesting.  Nights are COLD.  Frost is pretty in the morning.  Getting lots of exercise going up & down 2 flights of stairs a bazillion times a day. Two lovely neighbors on either side, one also with a German Shepherd to stare at Max, since they can't get to each other to play.  I'm able to drive around without constantly staring at the GPS on my phone...that's a plus for the drivers around me. Ran into my realtor in Staples yesterday while school shopping.  Love a small town...I know one person & that's who I see while out & about!  Who would have known how much I adore the laundry room being upstairs IN the master bedroom?!  Laundry is being done at the speed of lightning...it's phenomenal!  The population includes a lot of Hispanics here.  My husband is relearning his Spanish quickly & maybe I will have bilingual (sort of) kids.  I will have to smile a lot & try not to appear lost. Coffee & writing are therapeutic.

Great is Thy faithfulness,O God, my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not,
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness
Lord, unto Me.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to shield & to guide
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with 10,000 beside.

No comments:

Post a Comment